There are different types of saffron at different prices in the market. Saffron in Iran is divided into three main categories: “Sargol” (red stigma tips only, strongest grade), “Pushal” (red stigmas plus some yellow style, lower strength), and “Bunch” saffron (red stigmas plus large amount of yellow style, presented in a tiny bundle like a miniature wheatsheaf).
The types of saffron in the division are related to the red and yellow parts of saffron. Keep in mind that the meaning of stigma is the red part and the meaning of cream is the yellow part of saffron.
– It is the most original and basic type of saffron
– It is obtained by stacking and drying a whole string of saffron (including stigma and cream).
The cream portion is usually 3 to 5 mm and the stigma depends on the quality of the saffron, longer or shorter.
– The arrangement of the strings in the batch saffron is either one-sided or two-sided.
Bunch saffron in the classification of the National Organization for Standardization and also the standard 1-259 is called 4th grade saffron.
The coloring power of bunch saffron is between 120 and 150 units.
In Pushal saffron, the red stigma part of the saffron string is 1 to 3 mm from the yellow cream part.
Because there is more stigma in this type of saffron, it has more coloring power than Bunch saffron.
The coloring power of Pushal saffron is 25 to170 units.
– Due to the connection of the stigma to the cream and the reduction of the possibility of being counterfeit, this type of saffron has attracted more trust from buyers.
Saffron is a grade 1, grade 2 and grade 3 in the Pushal saffron family.
Sargol saffron, in this type, there is no creamy part (root) and completely red stigmas are separated from each other, forming pure saffron.
The similarity between Sargol and Pushal
In some cases, Pushal saffron is also called Sargol, in which case it is divided into two types: Negin Sargol and Mumtaz Sargol.
Sargol Negin is in fact the same as the above definition of Sargol saffron and Mumtaz Sargol actually has a part of yellow cream.
– The coloring power of Sargol saffron is more than the rest and it is about 210 to 260 units.
Consumption of Sargol saffron is used more than other types.
Negin Pushal saffron is a special type of Pushal saffron.
– In Negin Pushal saffron, the strands of the three branches of the stigma are red and thick and without the creamy part (yellow) are separated from the existing strands and bulky saffron is prepared.
– The most luxurious and expensive type of saffron is Negin Pushal saffron.
– Has the highest coloring power (between 230 to 270 units).
– In different years, it has usually had a decreasing trend.
Because the production and sale of Negin Pushal saffron, due to the time-consuming and costly process and more activity required for processing,
In some cases, this type of saffron is also called Super Negin.
By separating Sargol saffron from the Bunch, the root part of the saffron remains, which in Iran is called white or Konge saffron.
– Contrary to some people’s belief that the corner has more aroma than Sargol.
– The valuable material of saffron lies only in its red stigma.
– Due to the presence of more moisture in the cream, more aroma of the cream is inhaled.
– Konge Saffron is not part of the classification of saffron types, but because of its beautiful color and appearance
And that it is not possible to cheat is taken into account.